Aside from changing cities and teams, Richards was disappointed to be losing Carter as a teammate. Both players were drafted by the Flyers in the first round in 2003. The two players sat next to each other in the locker room. One usually followed the other out onto the ice for every game.
In Olde City, Richards and Carter lived across the hall from each other in a condo building on Arch Street. They were rarely seen without each other socially. Carter was a fixture in Sea Isle City, N.J., where he recently purchased a beach house.
"Over the last 10 years, he’s been my best friend," Richards said. "[We] had success together and I really envisioned us playing our whole careers together. That’s why we signed long extensions, the both of us. We wanted to be in Philadelphia. We both love it there.
"That’s the hardest part about this day is to not be able to go through [winning] with a guy you’ve had success with. I really thought that I was going to win with him at some point."
Now I’ve read um, quite a lot about these two but holy shit, they lived across the hall from one another?! Of course they did. Of course. They did. Not so sure that locker room thing was true of their all their Flyers career though - I’m sure I’ve seen video where that isn’t the case. (Not that I specifically look for, oh fuck who am I kidding at this point?)
Also I don’t think I ever want to listen of the audio of Mike’s conference call. The text is bad enough. That last bit. It’s okay June 2011!Richie, it works out okay!
I know this ridiculous story has an incredibly happy ending with LA loving their codependent BFF ways but sometimes I am still just … oh my god. What even are you two?
Next time on K’s ridiculous feelings: how annoyed I am that Ryan Getzlaf’s ankle meant Jeff didn’t play for Team Canada. (I kid, I kid … I think).
- sidmalk likes this
- livelaughloveship likes this
- ngrimmers likes this
- christinaxlr8 likes this
- theharvelles likes this
- murgatrude likes this
- nicolasechs likes this
- jonathantoewsed likes this
- thelittlebirdthatkeptsomanywarm likes this
- serenadestrong reblogged this from assembletheilluminati
- assembletheilluminati reblogged this from grim-lupine
- dazzlingheroes reblogged this from giganticism
- just-rachel likes this
- score-mike-richards likes this
- brokendaisychains likes this
- applecrotch likes this
- capslove28 likes this
- zeplum reblogged this from giganticism
- delurker likes this
- meinnim reblogged this from jardinjaponais
- laceyblue likes this
- the--generators likes this
- jasmasson reblogged this from kielix
- isilyathon likes this
- getintothesun likes this
- meinnim likes this
- spacegoesblack likes this
- solitudeofself likes this
- jardinjaponais reblogged this from giganticism
- jardinjaponais likes this
- ambitiouspants likes this
- after-the-fair likes this
- zooeyandfranny likes this
- almostleia likes this
- jabberwockingly likes this
- giganticism reblogged this from grim-lupine
- plaiddyissues reblogged this from grim-lupine
- kephiso reblogged this from grim-lupine
- copperchocolateice likes this
- grim-lupine reblogged this from brokendaisychains
- macdrouins likes this
- dumbpigeons reblogged this from brokendaisychains
- brokendaisychains reblogged this from kielix
- earisparticipates reblogged this from lostinthchaos
- lostinthchaos reblogged this from kielix
- rsadelle likes this
- impeccablyshaved likes this
- nightwaving likes this
- hushawildviolet likes this